Thursday, December 14, 2006

Wren Cross defended all the way from Thailand

From Thailand, a graduate replies:


I live in Bangkok, Thailand and when I heard the stupidity of taking the Cross out of the Wren Chapel, I wrote to the Alumni Office to express my disgust. As usual, they ignored my email. It seems that the only time they are interested in us is when they want money.

As a student, I was taught to be accountable and to expect accountability from others. The Cross has been in the Chapel for far longer than any of us has been alive and has never represented exclusion for any one.

I ask that the President instruct the relevant areas of the College to delete my name from any College records, and from the Alumni records. Since my student days, I have always been proud of my association with the College. With decision, I am ashamed of ever having been associated with the College and want any reference to me purged from any College records. That also means, don't ever contact me again.

Good bye forever.

J. Michael Joyce
Class of 1969

No comments: