Wednesday, February 07, 2007

News and More News

The news if flying fast and furiously as we approach the Board of Visitors' meeting that begins tomorrow.

Since the story hit the AP wire, the number of signatures of the petition has climbed by the thousands. The current total is 14,533. I know for a fact that 33 people have signed it since I sat down to drink a cup of coffee.

Editorials supporting the reversal of Gene Nichol's policy are more plentiful than free copies of AOL software. I am waiting for transcriptions of the ones that aren't online and I'm trying to get the other links organized before I post them, but check back here.

There is a nice article in the Washsington Times about the "No Cross, No Cash" campaign.

The timing is crucial right now. Please sign the petition if for some reason you haven't done that yet. Write a letter to the Board of Visitors. I strongly encourage anyone who is so inclined to add themselves to the "Alumni Withholding Money" list. You an do that by writig to me at khall356@aol.com.

Stay tuned.

No comments: